Imagine you are the ruler of your own book kingdom, what decisions would you make? The Ruler of Books Tag was created by Ariel Bissett and you can watch her original video here.
1. What book would you make everyone read?
I decree that everyone needs to read the entire Harry Potter series so that they will get all my references and we can all have Harry Potter fun together.
2. What would you abolish in book construction?
I will be outlawing books that are funny heights, all paperbacks will be 19.8cm tall and all hardbacks will be 23.9cm. Only special editions will be exempt from this rule.
3. What author would you commission to write any book?
I think I would commission Rainbow Rowell to write any book, though she mainly does contemporary I’m confident that she would be able to tackle anything.
4. What book would you demote to make room for new books?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, I really hated this book and it takes up so much space!
5. What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?
I would commission a nature-based mural by Adam Doyle, the artist of the stunning covers in The Raven Cycle. These covers speak to my soul.
6. What character’s face would you put on a coin?
I would put the heads of Zaphod Beeblebrox on a coin. This Hitchhiker’s Guide character would be the perfect figurehead(s) for my currency.
7. What book would you award the ‘Ruler of Books’ 2016 prize to?
I think the well deserved winner of the ‘Ruler of Books’ prize of 2016 is The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. It was an amazing finale to a fantastic series.
I tag everyone to do this tag because why would you not want to be the ruler of your very own book kingdom?