I saw a really cool book tag over on YouTube the other day – Avatar: The Last Airbender. This tag was created by A Clockwork Reader and you can watch her original video here.
The tag is split into four sections, here we go!
1. Katara and Sokka: The best sibling relationship … For this I have to go with Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter. They are great and make every page they are on even better.
2. Yue: Favourite star-crossed lovers … Not a well known pairing but I have to go with Che and Thalric from Shadows of the Apt. They are from warring races and the match is opposed by everyone, I was so happy when they started to make it work!
3. Blood Bending: A book with a disturbing/unsettling content … Rant by Chuck Palahuniuk is a very disturbing read but I loved it regardless. I actually have quite a long list of disturbing books I enjoyed. Maybe I should do a list at some point?
1. Toph: A character who’s strength surprised you or the other characters in the book … April from the graphic novel Lumberjanes surprised me with her physical strength, she can pack a real punch!
2. The Tales of Ba Sing Se: Best short story/poetry collection … I loved both Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. His short stories are always fantastical and fill me with wonder.
3. Kioshi Warriors: Best warrior character … I’m going with the father/daughter duo of Tisamon and Tynissa from Shadows of the Apt. They are both fully immersed in warrior culture and reading their fight scenes is well and truly thrilling.
1. Zuko: Best redemption arc … The gooey place inside me says that this has to go to Severus Snape.
2. Iroh: Wisest character … For this I have to go with Albus Dumbledore, I don’t like him but he is so wise it hurts.
3. Azula: Best downfall … Opal Koboi from Artemis Fowl. She undergoes multiple downfalls and I dislike her so much that this makes me extremely happy.
1. Appa: Favourite fictional animal/pet … The Cheshire Cat from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. I love how mean spirited he is.
2. Aang: Purest cinnamon roll … Jane Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. She is the very embodiment of goodness.
3. Avatar State: A stubborn character/ a character that struggles with letting go .. Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. No matter how many times I have read the books, his stubbornness always takes me by surprise.
There we have it! I tag everyone who loves Avatar: The Last Airbender to do this tag. If you don’t fancy it, let me know what element you think you would bend, I reckon I’d be a waterbender.